Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More Cupcake Fun

I keep thinking that life is going to slow down, but it never seems to!  I made 3 cakes last weekend that I am looking forward to posting.  In addition, I started the busiest part of my summer this week!

With my leftover batter, I made some cupcakes.  For the graduation cake on May 18, I purchased bake-stable dulce de leche filling.  Since it was bake-stable (meaning that you could cook with it in your cake batter), I decided to bake some into a cupcake to see just how well it worked!  Here is a cross-section of the cupcakes:

Dulce de Leche Cupcakes with Whipped Frosting

I placed the filling in the middle of the cupcake batter, and it sunk all the way to the bottom, so the next time around, I dropped it right on top of the cake batter before baking.

Dozen Dulce de Leche filled cupcakes: $24

Since the Dulce de Leche was labeled as bake-stable, I decided to see what would happen if I baked the other fillings right into the cupcakes.  They turned out great as well!  This time the filling was dropped on top of the batter, and they looked beautiful.

Rich Chocolate-Filled Cupcake with Buttercream Frosting and Fondant Decoration

 Dozen filled cupcake cost: $24     Photo credit: Rhythm Photography


A very satisfied customer!  Photo credit: Rhythm Photography


Strawberry Paradise Cupcakes with Strawberry Whipped Frosting

Dozen filled cupcake cost: $24      Photo credit: Rhythm Photography
Dozen filled happy hour (Daiquiri or Pina Colada) cupcake cost: $30
Another satisfied customer!   Photo credit: Rhythm Photography

 Photo credit: Rhythm Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment